Subject: [Gradstudents] Weekly Announcements: Introduce Girls to Engineering Day / GSC Ski Trip Tickets Still Available / NCAA Basketball Fan Club / Caltech Pet Fair / New Mailman list

From: Graduate Student Council <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 13:12:11 -0800 (PST)

1) Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day volunteers needed!
2) Space still left for the Ski Trip!!!
3) NCAA Basketball Fan Club invites you to:
4) The Caltech Pet Education Fair...
5) New Mailman list

-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-
1)  Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day volunteers needed!

Caltech's chapter of SWE (Society of Women Engineers) needs graduate
students (men and women!) to help out with IGED on February 22nd.  We
will be hosting about a hundred middle-school aged girls (mostly 7th and
8th grade) and need help throughout the day, but primarily at three
times:

* Lab tours (11am-12pm): 3 tours of about 15 girls each rotating into
your lab over the course of the hour.

* Lunch (12-12:30pm): Join us for lunch and talk to the girls about what
it's like to be an engineer/scientist.

* Demonstrations (2-3pm): We will be making LN2 ice cream, but need
students to bring some of their research to demonstrate to the girls.

If you are interested or want more information, email [email-masked].

-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-
2) Space still left for the Ski Trip!

We have 11 spots left for the GSC Ski Trip the weekend of Feb 23-25.
Sign up will officially close at the end of the week, so email me now

$154 gets you weekend lift tickets, lodging, and 1 catered dinner
$194 gets you all of the above, plus equipment

email [email-masked] to sign up (a $50 deposit is required)

-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-
3) NCAA Basketball Fan Club invites you to:
A viewing party for one of the most anticipated games of the season!
Carolina at Duke
Wednesday, February 7
5-9 pm (Game starts at 6)
All basketball fans welcome! Take a break from your work week by
watching some high-intensity basketball! We'll provide drinks and pizza.

-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-
4)  The Caltech Pet Education Fair...
 will be held on Feb. 8, 2007 from 11:30 am - 1:30 pm in the San Pasqual
Mall (area north of Red Door Cafe).  In the event of rain, it will be
moved indoors to the Winnett  Center.

Sponsered by the Caltech Department of Institute Housing and the Caltech
club CAT (Caltech Animal Team), the aim of the fair is to provide the
community with information regarding new Housing pet policies, local pet
resources (vets and adoption sources), pet care, the Caltech pet
community, etc.  Members of Housing, CAT, the Pasadena Humane Society,
and
Happy Strays will be on hand to answer questions.

Light refreshments will be provided.  Housing and CAT will be raffling
pet-related goodies.

-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-
5)  New Mailman list
The GSC is now using a "Mailman" to distribute information to the
student
body.  If you would like to include a blurb in the Weekly Announcements
please send them directly to [email-masked].
_______________________________________________
Gradstudents mailing list
[email-masked]
https://utils.its.caltech.edu/mailman/listinfo/gradstudents