Subject: summer research program

From: "sean jezewski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:09:49 -0800

Hey, I don't know if you remember me, I was in your ma2a section last term
(I came in to talk to you extensively before the midterm). I'm applying for
a research position at JPL through USRP (NASA's undergraduate summer
research program). Hopefully, I'll be working on curve-fitting the
spectroscopic data from Saturn's rings and then trying to make a theoretical
model to match the results. Anyway, I realized that I need another
recommendation to apply to this program (I originally thought it was one,
and got the other from a previous employer). This is kind of last minute,
but I would need the recommendation sometime tomorrow before 5 so I can send
the whole application out tomorrow. I understand that this may be a large
inconvenience, but your help would be greatly appreciated. However, if you
are too busy to do this, that is fine, just please let me know soon. (I've
also included a copy of my resume)

>sean jezewski

---

From: "sean jezewski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:17:58 -0800

Actually, I found someone willing to write the recommendation on such short
notice. I'm sure you would have been willing to oblige, but thanks for your
time. (Also, I don't remember if I thanked you last term -- you were a very
helpful TA and I enjoyed Ma2 in large part because of the understanding that
I gained with your explanations).