Subject: Goldman Sachs presentation 1/24, interviews 1/26, and resume drop 2/1

From: "Burrell, William A." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:15:00 -0800

Goldman Sachs Quantitative Strategies Group Presentation

Wednesday, January 24

6:00 - 8:00 PM

The Athenaeum Main Lounge

Drinks and Hors d'ouevres served

The Quantitative Strategies Group in the Investment Management Division
of Goldman Sachs & Co. is looking for Analysts for the New York trading
desk. The Quantitative Strategies group manages approximately $65
billion in global assets across a variety of mandates including
institutional portfolios, offshore mutual funds, and multi-strategy
hedge funds.

The trading desk is responsible for executing all trades for the group
including equity, fixed income, currency, commodity and alternative
asset classes with a focus on trading derivatives. The position is ideal
for a person who seeks to increase his or her knowledge of the asset
management business, is detail oriented, and enjoys a fast paced
high-energy team environment.

We will be conducting interviews in the Career Center on Friday, Jan 26.
Limited slots available - sign up through *MonsterTRAK.

How to Apply:  Visit us at the Spring Career Fair and/or e-mail resume
to [email-masked] with the subject: GSAM Quant
Strategies.

Goldman Sachs Derivatives Analysis (separate division from above) is
conducting an online resume drop for PhD and Postdocs for Derivatives
Analysis Associates.  To apply, submit your resume through *MonsterTRAK
by February 1st.

Derivatives Analysis is a multidisciplinary group of quantitative
experts focusing on exotic derivatives valuation and risk across all
product areas. We are part of the Risk Management department at Goldman
Sachs.  Candidates should have a PhD in a quantitative discipline and
the ability to explain complicated models in an intuitive way. The
position also requires a good knowledge of C++ programming. We have
opportunities for starting roles in New York and London.

*If you have not used MonsterTRAK before, please follow these
instructions.

1. Login to http://www.monstertrak.com <http://www.monstertrak.com/> 

2. In the "Get Started Here" box, select California and California
Institute of Technology

(If you are off campus, the required password is "Throop" [case
sensitive, no quotes].)

4. Click on Register/Upload Resume.

5. Follow the prompts to complete the registration.

6. Once completed, from the main menu click on InterviewTRAK.

7. Enter the "Optional company name" - Goldman Sachs