Subject: QVT (hedge fund) online Resume Drop - 1/21

From: "Burrell, William A." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:53:04 -0800

Geographically, we're in the center of the financial world.
Philosophically, we couldn't be further away. 

QVT, a $5 billion hedge fund headquartered in New York, is seeking
exceptional candidates for its investment and technology efforts.  QVT
has historically recruited individuals who do not easily fit into the
traditional financial services mold.  Direct financial work experience
is much less important to us than intellectual ability, and many of our
team members have academic and professional training far removed from
finance.  We have a track record of successfully transitioning
individuals from a wide range of academic backgrounds into
profit-generating roles.  

The organization is extremely flat, non-bureaucratic, and
results-oriented, with significant opportunities for exposure to all
aspects of hedge fund investing and advancement for talented
individuals.

Please submit your resume and unofficial transcript online via the
*MonsterTRAK by Sunday, January 21st.  We will accept resumes from
candidates who are interested in both full-time and internship
positions.

Software Developer

Developers work directly with portfolio managers to create and improve
the proprietary systems and applications which are an integral part of
our business.  Candidates should have a strong intellectual background
as well as excellent programming abilities.  The ideal candidate will
have significant coursework or experience in a systems-related field
such as operating systems, compilers, or networking.

Please stop by our booth at the Spring Career Fair next Wednesday from
10:30am - 2:30pm in the Brown Gym.

*If you have not used MonsterTRAK before, please follow these
instructions.

1. Login to http://www.monstertrak.com <http://www.monstertrak.com/> 

2. In the "Get Started Here" box, select California and California
Institute of Technology

(If you are off campus, the required password is "Throop" [case
sensitive, no quotes].)

4. Click on Register/Upload Resume.

5. Follow the prompts to complete the registration.

6. Once completed, from the main menu click on InterviewTRAK.

7. Enter the "Optional company name" - QVT

QVT is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive
compensation package and a welcoming work environment.