Subject: [Gradstudents] Weekly Announcements:YESS Instructor Applications: Deadline extended/ Chinese New Year Celebration/ CADS Survey / Let's Dance Company

From: Graduate Student Council <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 14:45:24 -0800 (PST)

1)   YESS Instructor Applications: Deadline extended to March 2
2)   Chinese New Year Celebration 2007
3)   CADS Survey
4)   Let's Dance Company

-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-==-==-=-==-=-=-=-=-=
1)   YESS Instructor Applications: Deadline extended to March 2

The Caltech Young Engineering and Science Scholars (YESS) program, a
residential program for high school students,  is
currently seeking Caltech graduate students or postdocs to serve as=20
instructors for its upcoming summer session (June 24 - July 13, 2007).

Instructors work in small teams to develop and implement a three-week
course. Neuroscience and Physics (Mechanics) will be
offered for the summer 2007 session. In addition to these courses, we
are offering a Research=20
Skills course designed to introduce participants to technical skills
required for conducting research. For this course, instructors with
backgrounds in
Bioinformatics, computer modeling, and/or MATLAB are encouraged to
apply.

Each course is three hours per day - Neuroscience ( 9am - 12pm) and
Physics (1pm - 4pm).  Instructors receive a $2500 stipend for their
work. Graduate students from any Caltech department are encouraged to
apply.

Applications are due March 2, 2007. For an application, please go to
http://yess.caltech.edu/yessinstructor.html
For more information please contact Luz Rivas - [email-masked]

-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-==-==-=-==-=-=-=-=-=
2)  Chinese New Year Celebration 2007

The Caltech Chinese Association (Caltech C) would like to invite you to
our Chinese Spring Festival Celebration Party on Saturday March 3rd,
6:00pm. It will be held in Baxter Lecture Hall.

Chinese New Year (or Spring Festival) is the most important Chinese
holiday, comparable to Christmas in the western world. At Caltech, we
traditionally have authentic food and a variety of cultural performances,
presented both in English and Chinese.

6:00pm   8:00pm        Chinese food, partially homemade,
5$       for admission

8:00pm  10:00pm       Chinese art and culture performance,     FREE for
admission!

Organizer: Caltech Chinese Association

Sponsors: Chinese Consulate, Caltech GSC, Student Affair, ASCIT, Caltech
Y, Caltech Alumni

We hope you can come and share this celebration with us! For more
information, visit www.its.caltech.edu/~chinese or email President of
CaltechC: Xiaobai Li( [email-masked] ) and Vice president of
CaltechC: Mulin Cheng ( [email-masked] ).
-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-==-==-=-==-=-=-=-=-=
3)   CADS Survey

Have you spent 20 minutes taking the CADS Survey?  If not, please consider
doing so.  As of last Friday, 27% of the graduate students had taken the
survey. Each graduate student will receive another email from
SurveyMonkey on Thursday with the embedded link to take the survey ...
before Feb. 28.  By completing the survey, you are helping the GSC win a
$200 cash prize, you are providing me with data so I can develop
appropriate health education programs for grad students, and you might win
a raffle prize yourself.  Winners will be announced in early March.

Thank you for your honest answers and time.
-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-==-==-=-==-=-=-=-=-=
4)   Let's Dance Company
Come and enjoy the......
Let's Dance Company
1st Annual Repertoire Dance Concert
Saturday March 31, 2007 @ 7:00pm
San Gabriel Civic Auditorium
320 S. Mission Dr.
San Gabriel, CA 91776

For tickets or information please contact:
Kimberly Brown
(323)265-8740
Tickets will also be sold at the door!!!
_______________________________________________
Gradstudents mailing list
[email-masked]
https://utils.its.caltech.edu/mailman/listinfo/gradstudents