Subject: HWs graded

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 19:53:40 -0800 (PST)

Hello,
We have graded the HWs. You can find them in your mail box.

Some students turned in their homework late and some haven't registered
yet. This means that you might be asked for a HW that is not graded.
Check if they have registered for the course. If not tell them to do it
ASAP.

You'll find that a significant number of students turned in HW without a
cover sheet. If they don't pick their HW in section put a cover sheet
with a name and leave them in Math 2b box.

My grading scheme:
1. a)2 b)1 c)1 d)2 e)2 f)2 (-1pt whenever they don't give a formula) 
2. depends on the proof 
   -1 for omitting the trivial case
   -2 for not saying P()\geq0
   -2 for doing the induction the wrong way 
3. a)2 b) 1 for boxes 4 for balls c) 3
4. a)2 b)3 c)2+2+1

Best,
Mirjana