Subject: Weekly Announcements: SWE Meeting / Ski Trip / Pet Fair

From: Graduate Student Council <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 11:56:01 -0800 (PST)

1) SWE General Meeting, Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day planning
session
2) GSC Ski Trip
3) Caltech Pet Education Fair

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
1)  SWE General Meeting, Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day planning
session

The first general meeting of this term is coming up ***Friday January
26th at noon***. Lunch will be provided. We'll be discussing the biggest
event SWE will be hosting this year Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day,
so if you want to volunteer or help with planning come to the meeting.
Also, we'll be talking about other future events, Dress for success as
well as scholarships you can apply for. It's fun, there's free lunch and
good conversation...so don't forget to attend.

What: SWE General Meeting
When: January 26th, 12pm
Where: Keck 142
Why: To learn about scholarships and other fun events

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
2)  GSC Ski Trip
Spots still left! Sign up outside Red Door Cafe,
Friday at noon.

Summary:
When: Feb 23-25: Drive up Friday afternoon, return Sunday afternoon
Where: Sierra Summit (http://www.sierrasummit.com/)
How much:
      Lodging, Lift Tickets, Dinner =$154
      + Equipment                     =$194
      + Beginner Lesson               =$212
How to sign up: Outside Red Door Cafe, Wednesday, Jan 24 at noon

Sign up will last for 1 week and requires a $50 deposit to reserve
your spot. Grad students are allowed 1 non-Caltech guest. Other
members of the Caltech community can sign up, but Grad students have
priority.

50 people max, so sign up early! Check your calendars now and start
saving your allowance

We're carpooling, so think about if you'd like to drive. Email
[email-masked] for info if you really can't wait until tomorrow
to ask in person

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
3)  Caltech Pet Education Fair
The Caltech Pet Education Fair will be held on Feb. 8, 2007 from 11:30 am
1:30 pm in the San Pasqual Mall (area north of Red Door Caf).  In the
event of rain, it will be moved indoors to the Winnett Center.

Sponsered by the Caltech Department of Institute Housing and the Caltech
club CAT (Caltech Animal Team), the aim of the fair is to provide the
community with information regarding new Housing pet policies, local pet
resources (vets and adoption sources), pet care, the Caltech pet
community, etc.  Members of Housing, CAT, the Pasadena Humane Society, and
Happy Strays will be on hand to answer questions.

Light refreshments will be provided.  Housing and CAT will be raffling
pet-related goodies.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=