Subject: Happy New Year

From: "Romeo Ahohe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:15:22 -0600

Happy New Year, guys !!!!

Check out the butt rocket from google video below:

http://video.google.com/url?vidurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.com%2Fvideoplay%3Fdocid%3D7797220931882857233%26q%3Dbutt%2Brocket&docid=7797220931882857233&ev=v&esrc=sr1&usg=AL29H21H_9QY04btfwL0lsNHygBsF8k1qA

Romeo

---

From: jasun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 23:23:48 -0500

quite a way to bring in the new year, romeo.

but speaking of videos, if you've ever watched the tv show scrubs,
this clip is funny.  it's called "guy love" but not really gay.  just
funny.

[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0 ]

hope you guys are doing well!
jasun.

-- 
email: [email-masked]
url: http://www.math.lsa.umich.edu/~jgong/

---

From: "sevak mkrtchyan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 22:04:14 -0800

Hey guys,

It's been a while since we have heard what the others are up to, how they're
doing. Or maybe I'm the uninformed one?
So, guys, how are your universities treating you, where are you in the
program (done with all the exams, finishing this year, writing bunch of
papers, goofing off at a sunny beach, etc.)?

I just got back from home. I hadn't been in Armenia since I came to
Berkeley. It was nice being there. I hadn't seen the Armenian winter for 6
years, and this time I saw the coldest one I have ever seen. During the day
the temperature was -13 Celsius.
Before that I spent a month in Aarhus, Denmark. My adviser is there for the
year on a sabbatical and I was visiting him. While there we went to a
workshop in Oberwolfach, Germany for a week. It was quite good.
I'm currently working on a problem about deformed (i.e. quantum) W-algebras.
I still don't know what exactly W-algebras are, and bunch of other stuff, so
there's a lot to do.
Other than math, I used to bike a lot, couple of times competitively, but
not this semester. It takes too much time.

I did my part. Waiting for yours'.

---

From: "Romeo Ahohe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 08:06:52 -0600

Hi guys,

I finally got done with my course work last semester.

Right now, I'm working on a project to improve GPS-based navigation
system. Specifically, I'm trying to figure out a method to estimate
what is known as the phase center for antenna patches, which basically
the location where incoming signal "enters" an antenna patch.
Typically, one assumes that the incoming signals enter the antenna
through its geometric center. But this is not true because the
location where the signal enters the antenna actually varies depending
on the orientation of the antenna relative to the emitter.

The assumption introduces some error in various measurements about the
signal and those errors become large when two antennas are placed
within a distance less than the incoming signal wavelength. Currently,
many folks are interested in using GPS antennas to improve the
navigation system on aerospace systems. For small unmanned aerial
vehicles, it becomes imperative to figure out how to measure the
variation of that phase center if one is to improve the navigation
system on those vehicles.

There you have it in a nutshell as far as research goes. Other than
that, I tend to go out a lot these days: clubs, house parties, bars. I
really need it to improve my social skills. Apparently, I've been
lacking in that area, so I'm trying to correct that.

Romeo

On 1/22/07, sevak mkrtchyan <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I'm currently working on a problem about deformed ( i.e. quantum)
> W-algebras. I still don't know what exactly W-algebras are, and bunch of
> other stuff, so there's a lot to do.