Subject: SURF Letter of Recommendation information

From: "Andrew Ascoli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:29:48 -0800 (PST)

Dear Rupert Venzke,
         Thank you for writing a letter of recommendation for me.  The 
name of my mentor is Federico Echenique, an economics professor.  My 
SURF project is studying unemployment models in economics.  The 
unemployment models consist of a worker drawing a wage offer from a 
distribution of wages; the worker will draw wages w1, w2, etc. up to 
wn, where wn is the wage at which he will accept the job.  These wage 
offers form a sequence.  Thus given a collection of such sequences, I 
will see if the collection is “rationalizable”; that is, whether the 
match between a worker and his sequence of wage offers is optimal.  
This in turn will indicate whether the unemployment models are valid in 
certain situations or when only incomplete data is available.  I hope 
this is a clear summary.  If you have any questions or want additional 
information, feel free to email me.  Thank you for writing the letter 
of recommendation; I really appreciate it.   

					          Sincerely,
						  Andrew Ascoli