Subject: Corrected Weekly Announcements: GSC Ski Trip / Russian Party / Post-MLK Week Event

From: Graduate Student Council <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 14:08:05 -0800 (PST)

1)  GSC Ski Trip
2)  Russian Club Party
3)  Post-MLK Week Event - Brother Outsider: The Life of Bayard Rustin
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
1)  GSC Ski Trip

The GSC Social Committee presents: SKI TRIP 2007!

When: Feb 23-25: Drive up Friday afternoon, return Sunday afternoon
Where: Sierra Summit (http://www.sierrasummit.com/)
How much:
       $154 Lodging, Lift Tickets, Dinner
       $194 + Equipment
       $212 + Beginner Lesson
How to sign up: Outside Red Door Cafe, Wednesday, Jan 24 at noon

Sign up will last for 1 week and requires a $50 deposit to reserve
your spot. Grad students are allowed 1 non-Caltech guest. Other
members of the Caltech community can sign up, but Grad students have
priority.

50 people max, so sign up early! Check your calendars now and start
saving your allowance

We're carpooling, so think about if you'd like to drive. Email
[email-masked] for info if you really can't wait until next
wednesday to ask in person
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
2)  Russian Club Party
We are glad to announce another big Caltech Russian Club Party,
dedicated to russian students' favorite holiday Tatyana's Day.
The party is going to happen next Friday January 26, starting from 8:30 pm
at North Catalina Recroom.

 Lots of drinks and enjoyable music will be there as expected.
Everyone is welcome. Come and have fun with us this Friday.

 The party is co-sponsored by GSC, Graduate Office, Housing and Campus
Life. You have to be 21+ to get alcohol. The alcohol will be served by
a bartender. Read and abide by Caltech alcohol policy:
http://www.studaff.caltech.edu/policies.html

 The information can be found at http://www.rusclub.caltech.edu/

Caltech Russian Club
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
3) Post-MLK Week Event - Brother Outsider: The Life of Bayard Rustin
Tuesday, January 23, 7:30 PM
LGBTQ Lending Library (2nd Floor, Center for Student Services)

He was there at most of the important events of the Civil Rights
Movement - but always in the background -- one of the most
controversial figures of the Civil Rights Movement, one of the first
Freedom Riders, advisor to Martin Luther King, Jr. and A. Philip Randolph,
primary organizer of the 1963 March on Washington -- all
from behind the scenes.  Bayard Rustin was denied his place in the
limelight for one reason -- he was gay. Brother Outsider highlights
his legacy as well as the challenges he faced as one of the most
influential architects of non-violent resistance in the Civil Rights
movement.

Come for a light dinner and a movie!  Sponsored by PRISM with funding
from the Graduate Student Council