Subject: Black History Month

From: Caltech Directory <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 15:16:12 -0800

Dear Students,

You are invited to the following events in recognition of Black History Month:

Thursday, February 8, Noon, 2nd Floor Lounge-Center for Student Services

"What's Race Got to Do with It?"

Reel People, Real World Film Series presents a documentary about the 
experiences of UC Berkeley students and their intergroup dialogue on 
race and campus climate.  Lunch will be served.

RSVPs are appreciated but not required to 
<mailto:[email-masked]>[email-masked] or ext. 6207

Friday, February 9, 5:30-8:00, Center for Student Services Lobby

"An Evening of Jazz & Spoken Word"

Join us for an evening of live jazz and poetry.  Heavy appetizers and 
desserts will be served

RSVPs are appreciated but not required to 
<mailto:[email-masked]>[email-masked] or ext. 6207

Tuesday, February 13, Noon, Chandler/Red Door Outdoor Lounge

"Cultural Celebration"

Join us for traditional dance and music from the US, Cameroon, and 
Central Africa

Wednesday, February 14, Noon, 2nd Floor Lounge-Center for Student Services

"From Chestnutt to Obama: Passing, "Colorblindness" and the Politics of Race"

Dr. Judith Jackson Fossett, Associate Professor of English and 
American Studies Program

University of Southern California

Lunch will be served

RSVP REQUIRED to 
<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=164503246545>http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=164503246545

Thursday, February 15, Noon-7:00 pm, Dabney Lounge

"Art Exhibition: Displaying the African-American Experience through 
the Visual Arts"

In Association with the Center for the Arts of the African Diaspora

Lunch served at Noon.  Light H'dourves served at 5:00 pm

-- 
***********************************************
You are receiving this via the Personnel Directory database.  If you 
prefer receiving memos on paper, please email [email-masked] 
or drop a note to Directory 1-71.