Subject: MIT/Caltech Red Cross Blood Battle

From: Caltech Directory <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 08:19:25 -0800

MIT/Caltech Red Cross Blood Battle

Event Type: Blood Drive

Event Date: February 26-27

Time: 8 a.m.-8 p.m. both days

Purpose: Help save lives!

To Donate: 1) Sign up in advance, 
<http://www.givelife.org/>http://www.givelife.org and enter code 
CALTECH, or 2) Walk-in during the actual blood drive

Required to Donate: Must by 17 years old, 110 pounds, and have valid 
pictures ID (school ID is fine). You cannot donate more than once 
every 56 days. There are some restrictions against foreign travelers; 
check on the website 
<http://www.givelife.org/>http://www.givelife.org or email Nicole at 
the Red Cross (<mailto:[email-masked]+> 
[email-masked] ) if you have questions.

About the Competition: MIT had their blood drive from 2/12-2/15. They 
have a total of 10,050 students, and on the first day of the blood 
drive there were 61 donors (data for the other three days will not be 
released until after we have our blood drive).

The winning school will be the one with the highest ratio of # blood 
units donated : # of registered students (undergrads and grads). One 
person donate only 1 unit of blood. The blood drive is open to all 
Caltech community members, as well as the general community, so in 
theory a school could have more than 100% participation. The winning 
school will get a trophy.

-- 
***********************************************
You are receiving this via the Personnel Directory database.  If you 
prefer receiving memos on paper, please email [email-masked] 
or drop a note to Directory 1-71.