Subject: Dimensional Fund Advisors resume drop - ending Jan 31

From: "Burrell, William A." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:32:01 -0800

Dimensional Fund Advisors is a Santa Monica based Investment Management
Firm that applies academic research to the practical world of investing.
DFA forges a new way to invest based on an abiding belief in financial
science and the efficacy of markets. Working years ahead of traditional
asset managers, the firm inaugurated its strategies with early research
into the stronger performance of small cap stocks. Since then, the firm
has pioneered many strategies and consulting technologies now taken for
granted in the industry. The mission of Dimensional is to deliver the
performance of capital markets and increase returns through advanced
portfolio design and trading.  http://www.dfaus.com/

Dimensional is a growing company seeking talented and entrepreneurial
people to help pursue this mission. We offer a comprehensive benefits
package, access to educational conferences conducted by leading
academics, a collegial work environment, and opportunity for growth. 

If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please apply online
through *MonsterTRAK and email your resume to [email-masked].

Systems Developer, Research

Job Description: This position will be responsible for aspects of
creating and maintaining portfolio management tools, report generation
programs, data collection and data integrity tools.

Responsibilities/Duties: 

*         Create and maintain tools to collect, organize, and analyze
data 

*         Design and code software for reporting and portfolio analysis 

*         Maintain and modify code for existing applications

Minimum Requirements: 

*         Strong math and quantitative problem-solving skills 

*         Computer programming experience (SQL and either Visual Basic
or Visual C#) and strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
required. MS SQL Server required 

*         Able to design and implement financial software applications,
as well as database error detection, correction, and avoidance
applications 

*         Experience in finance, applied financial mathematics, or
statistics 

*         BS in Computer Science or other quantitative field (such as
Engineering, Math, or Physics)

*If you have not used MonsterTRAK before, please follow these
instructions.

1. Login to http://www.monstertrak.com <http://www.monstertrak.com/> 

2. In the "Get Started Here" box, select California and California
Institute of Technology

(If you are off campus, the required password is "Throop" [case
sensitive, no quotes].)

4. Click on Register/Upload Resume.

5. Follow the prompts to complete the registration.

6. Once completed, from the main menu click on InterviewTRAK.

7. Enter the "Optional company name" - Dimensional